Group leader: Antonio Bertolotto
Tel + 39 11 6706601
Fax + 39 11 6705451
Born December 14th, 1980 in Moncalieri (Turin), Italy
Research Contract Position at Research Contract position at Neurologia 2-CRESM (AOU S. Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano, Turin), Clinical Neurobiology Unit, Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi (NICO).
2004 MSc in Medical Biotechnology, University of Turin ( cum laude )
2008 Board Certification in Clinical and Analytical Biochemistry, University of Turin ( cum laude )
2013 Abilitation for biologist
2000-2004: Research intern. University of Turin. Clinical Neurobiology Laboratory at the University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga (Orbassano; Turin). Supervisor: Dr. A. Bertolotto, Mentor: Prof. G. Tarone.
2004-2005: Research fellowship from Italian Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis (FISM), for research activities spent at the Clinical Neurobiology Laboratory, Regional Referring Multiple Sclerosis Center (CRESM), University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga.
2005-2007: Research fellowship from University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga for research activities spent at CRESM.
2007-2012: Research Contract position from the University of Turin (SUISM; scuola universitaria in scienze motorie) for research activities spent at CRESM. Project: Multiple Sclerosis and Fatigue.
2012-2015: Research Contract position at the Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi (NICO), Clinical Neurobiology Unit (CRESM).
2015-to date: Research Contract Position at the University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga, Neurologia 2-CRESM.
Teacher in the course “Biological Management of MS Patients Treated with Interferon Beta” organised by BiogenDompe, (3-28 September 2007), A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
Teacher in the course “TYSABRI (natalizumab) antibody assay schools” organised by Biogen Idec (10-14 November 2008) , A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
Teacher in courses for italian neurologist s: “La gestionequotidiana del paziente con SclerosiMultipla” organised by Biogen Idec (21-23/05/ 2012, 12-14/11/ 2012, 3-5/06/2013, 11-13/11/2013; 12-14/05/2014; 17-19/11/2014; 16-18/06/2015), A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
Teacher in the course for international neurologist “European Inter-Country Workshop” organised by Merck-Serono (24-25 November 2011), A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
1. Antibodies in autoimmune diseases (anti-KIR4.1 antibodies in MS and anti-Aquaporin 4 antibodies in NMO): detection assays, clinical correlation, pathogenic role (collaborations: Dr. Srivastava and Prof. Hemmer, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich; Dr. Fazio and Furlan, S. Raffaele Hospital, Milan; Dr. Jarius, University of Hidelberg, Germany; Dr. Petzold, London). 2. Investigating the Epstein Barr virus (EBV) involvement in MS pathogenesis (collaboration with Dr. Aloisi, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome).
3. Evaluation of clinical/biological response to different therapies in MS and NMO: biomarkers discovery and validation, assessing the clinical/biological response to different therapies in MS.
4. Experience in performing cerebrospinal fluid evaluation and serological tests for anti- central nervous system antibodies, for diagnosis and management of patients with MS, NMO and other neurological disorders.
Dr. Marnetto is co-investigator and actively participated in the writing of several national, international and European Community projects that received funding. She is author and co-author of 25 peer-reviewed scientific publications and more than 50 abstracts presented at national and international conferences.
National and International Congress attended as Invited Speaker:
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Il laboratorio nella gestione del paziente con sclerosi multipla”, Orbassano (Italy) 24/11/2006: “L’analisi del liquido cefalorachidiano.”
- Invited speaker at the meeting:“Aspetti clinici, terapeutici e gestionali della SM: esperienze a confronto”, Asti (Italy), 15/06/2012: “Risposta immunogenica alle terapie: l’impatto clinico ed economico dei servizi di titolazione degli anticorpi neutralizzanti.”
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Up Dates in Autoimmunity 2014: evidences and outcomes”, Modena (Italy, 23-24/05/2014): “Relevance of Acquaporin-4 antibodies: case report”.
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Autoimmunità in neurologia: stato dell’arte”, Padova (Italy, 28/11/2014): “Anticorpi anti-AQP4”.
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Up Dates in Autoimmunity 2015: the need of harmonization”, Modena (Italy, 13-14/05/2015): “Expanding and debating Neuronal Diagnostics”.
- Official speaker for MS patients' care courses at CRESM: "La gestione quotidiana del paziente con Sclerosi Multipla" organized by Biogen Idec (21-23/05/ 2012, 12-14/11/ 2012, 3-5/06/2013, 11-13/11/2013; 12-14/05/2014; 17-19/11/2014; 16-18/06/2015).