Group leader: Luca Bonfanti and Paolo Peretto
Silvia de Marchis
Tel + 39 11 6706605 - 4674
Fax + 39 11 6705451
Born in Turin on 14.09.1966. Italian.
- Honours degree in Biology, University of Turin, Italy (1994)
- Post-degree traineeship at the Dept. of Animal Biology, Univ. of Turin, Italy (1994-1995).
- PhD in Endocrine and Metabolic Sciences. University of Milan, Italy (2000).
- Postdoctoral Fellow at the Dept. of Animal Biology, Univ. of Turin, Italy (2000-2001). From 09/2000 to 12/2000 Visiting Postdoc at Department of Neuroanatomy, School of Medicine, University of Baltimore, USA.
- Assistant Professor (BIO/06) at the Department of Human and Animal Biology (now Life Sciences and System Biology), University of Turin, Italy(2001-2014). From 09/2002 to 12/2002 as Visiting Researcher at the Department of Neuroanatomy, School of Medicine, University of Baltimore, USA.
- Associate Professor of Comparative Anatomy (2015-now).
My research interest focuses on the adult neurogenic regions of the mouse brain, namely the olfactory bulb and the hippocampal dentate gyrus. Using a combination of neuroanatomical and behavioural approaches, I study the cellular/molecular control of different steps in the neurogenic process: from adult neural stem cell/progenitor proliferation and migration to cell fate/differentiation.
I’m also interested in the role of theenvironment on the modulation of adult neural stem/progenitor cell behaviour. The goal of my research is to get a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying adult neurogenesis and its possible implications in cognitive and emotional functions.
Main Scientific collaborations
Prof. Chichung Lie and Dr. Ruth Beckervordersandforth-Bonk, Institute of Biochemistry;
Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany;
Dr. Michèle Studer, INSERM U636, Nice Sophia Antipolis;
Dr. Saadia Ba-M'hamed, University of Marrakech, Marocco;
Dr. Paolo Giacobini, INSERM, UDSL, School of Medicine, Lille, France;
Wojciech Krezel, INSERM, IGBMC, Strasbourg, France.
Neuron-Astroglia Cell Fate Decision in the Adult Mouse Hippocampal Neurogenic Niche Is Cell-Intrinsically Controlled by COUP-TFI In Vivo
, 10 July 2018
S Bonzano, I Crisci, A Podlesny-Drabiniok, Chiara Rolando, W Krezel, M Studer, S De Marchis
Opposite-sex attraction in male mice requires testosterone dependent regulation of adult olfactory bulb neurogenesis
, October 2016
Schellino R, Trova S, Cimino I, Farinetti A, Jongbloets BC, Pasterkamp RJ, Panzica G, Giacobini P, De Marchis S, Peretto P.